This is an exciting time for the SPCA in New Zealand, with delegates having voted at the RNZSPCA AGM in June to form one national organisation from the current 45 independent centres.
With your help and support, and by working together as one SPCA, we’ll be able to do more for our country’s most vulnerable animals.
What are the benefits of one national SPCA?
- From our furthest north centre to those in the deep south, we will share our resources to make sure that every vulnerable animal will get the best care the SPCA can provide – no matter where they are in the country
- We will have one strategy and one voice
- We can do more to prevent cruelty to animals in New Zealand through advocacy and education
- We will be able to develop a stronger SPCA Inspectorate
- As one organisation we’ll be able to access centralised funding opportunities and benefit from economies of scale – enabling us to have the resources to do more for the animals.
The RNZSPCA AGM vote was the first step in the process of creating One SPCA, followed by SPCA Wairarapa members confirming the intention to join the One SPCA entity at the SGM held on 10 July 2017.
The next step in this process is for the members of SPCA Wairarapa to vote on the final decision of whether to transfer into the RNZSPCA as part of One SPCA and for its legal entity to be dissolved. Members are invited to this meeting to be held on 24 October 2017 at 6:00pm at Carterton Events Centre, 50 Holloway Street, Carterton.
I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your ongoing support. The SPCA’s vision remains to have a New Zealand community where all animals are treated with compassion and respect and this sits alongside our core purpose of creating a better life for New Zealand’s animals.
Your generosity makes such a difference to the lives of countless animals and we look forward to you joining us at this important meeting.